|Promotion of Psychological Services
- Public Listing-When an internet search is conducted, the public finds OCPA as one of the top websites on all search engines!
- Our Directory Search is Robust-The public may conduct a directory search on the OCPA website and find your personal page. Your personal page contains your photo, specialties, contact info and office locations. In addition, you can link your outside personal website directly to your OCPA personal page. If you don't have a website for your practice, you may create up to 10 personal pages on our site for free. This could save you $ every year rather than using an outside source for your website!
- Group Therapy Listing-Running a group? You can list it on our group therapy directory for the public to find quickly and easily.
- Low Fee Mental Health Services Listing-This is a specific directory search so that the public may find low fee services quickly and easily. If you offer low fee services, let us know and we will list you there.
- Job Search-Members may conduct job searches or post available jobs for free!
- Post Your CV-Post your resume for potential employers to see for free!
- Social Media-Facebook & Twitter may be directly connected to your account if you choose so that you & your friends can see each other's activities with OCPA.
- Listserv-Our Listserv makes it easy to connect with colleagues for announcements, requests, and questions. For example, postings can include notices about OCPA events, referral requests, ethical questions, or concerns about legislative initiatives.
- Groups-Groups are professional, ongoing forums based on specific areas of interest such as Forensics, Psychoanalysis, Assessments etc. Each group also keeps a calendar of events for special networking & continuing education opportunities.
- Social Events-We hold many social events for OCPA members throughout the county. Check the Home Page & Community Calendar for the latest events.
- Colleague Assistance and Support Program (CLASP)-The CLASP program assists psychologists in self-care anywhere along the continuum from wellness to crisis. The California Psychological Association (CPA) sponsors the program, and we have a local representative to assist OCPA members.
Graduate Students/Early Career
- Member-to-Member Consultation Services-We provide a listing of members who willingly offer their expertise to other OCPA members.
- Graduate Student/Early Career Mentoring Group. The group socializes and career opportunities are given to this group.
- Board Membership-There are opportunities for both graduate students and early career therapists to hold positions on the OCPA board. This is an excellent opportunity to gain leadership experience and build your resume.
The OC Psychologist
- Free CE Workshops for Students-Many of our continuing education opportunities are absolutely free for students!
- OCPA’s newsletter is published four times a year. The current issue is available only to members, while our archive of past issues is open to the public.
- Featured psychologist-Each issue features a spotlight on a psychologist for all members to see. This is another great way to advertise your services.
- CE Discounts-As a Member, you will automatically receive a discount for OCPA CE workshops. Be on the look out for early bird specials too!
- Track your Licensing Hours- The OCPA website allows you to keep track of your CEunits in one location. You can easily monitor the number of hours you have left before your next renewal cycle.
- Website & Newsletter advertising-You can advertise your business on both our website and the OC psychologist. For members, there is a substantial discount.
- Classified Ads-You can list office space, services and miscellaneous items in our classifieds for free as a member!