New Directions in QEEG Assessment and Training for ADHD, ASD and Concussions
Michael Linden, PhD
This workshop will present advances in the diagnosis of Autism, Aspergers, ADHD and Concussions using interviews, behavior rating scales, continuous performance tests, neuropsychological screening and QEEG Mapping. The use of QEEG to discover which subtype of Autistic/Aspergers and ADHD/ADD will be explained. I will discuss the similarities and differences of these disorders and other co-morbid disorders (anxiety, depression) in reference to symptoms, rating scales responses, CPT results and QEEG patterns. I will present the use of these assessment results to individualize treatment for long-term success. New research about using neurofeedback and biofeedback in the treatment of NFL players with concussions and dementia will be presented.
1. Learn assessment methods available to diagnosis Autism, Aspergers ADHD and concussions and differentiate them from other similar conditions.
2. Discuss the QEEG subtypes of Autism, Aspergers and ADHD and how they differ and overlap.
3. Understand how to use behavior rating scales, and CPT tests to monitor treatment effects of medications and neurofeedback.
4. Review QEEG Guided Neurofeedback for subtypes of ADHD and ASD.
5. Discover new QEEG based assessment and Neurofeedback/biofeedback training for TBI/concussions in athletes.
Dr. Linden is a licensed psychologist and B.C.I.A. certified Biofeedback & Neurofeedback therapist. He is the director of Attention Learning Centers in Orange County and San Diego. Dr. Linden is one of the original pioneers in the application of CPT testing, QEEG and Neurofeedback for ADD & ASD. He published the first randomized control group study of Neurofeedback with ADD children in 1996 and one of the original studies of the accuracy and reliability of using QEEG with ADD in 1999-2001. He recently has discovered physiological subtypes of Autism and Aspergers, most recently published in 2013 in the book “Images in Autism” and was involved in research at UCSD studying the effects of QEEG guided Neurofeedback with students with ASD in a multi-site study. Dr. Linden is currently the southern California site for a multi-site study involving Neurofeedback with retired NFL players with TBI and Dementia.
CE Status: Approved for 3 hours CE credit
California Psychological Association (CPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. CPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
$60 OCPA Members
free for OCPA students