Introduction to Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing
Dr. Crawshaw is a certified EMDR therapist. Her private practice currently consists almost exclusively of clients seeking EMDR treatment. She is actively involved in the local EMDR International Association. Additionally, Dr. Crawshaw has also held several positions in the Orange County Psychological Association including President in 2014. Dr. Crawshaw is currently Colleague Awareness Resources & Education (CARE) Chair and also acts as Director at Large for California Psychological Association’s Division 1-Professional Practice Board.
This workshop will introduce clinicians to EMDR. Participants who are not familiar with EMDR will find an opportunity to gain a more robust understanding of the model. The workshop will teach participants how EMDR works, the theoretical underpinnings behind its use and the appropriate use of EMDR in clinical settings.
Participants will understand how to become trained and certified through the EMDR International Association (EMDRIA). Clinicians will also be given information including costs and expectations in order to determine whether getting trained in this model is worth pursuing in order to enhance one’s clinical practice. This workshop is not meant to replace EMDR training.
- Participants will understand the origins of EMDR and its use in clinical practice.
- Participants will understand how to identify appropriate candidates for EMDR treatment.
- Participants will understand the Adaptive Information Processing Model and how EMDR fits within the model.
- Participants will understand the objective behind the use of EMDR in a clinical session.
- Participants will understand various modalities utilized in Bilateral Stimulation and the reason behind the use of these modalities.
- Participants will understand case conceptualization utilizing EMDR.
- Participants will understand how EMDR might be integrated into other theoretical perspectives.
- Participants will understand the various levels of training necessary in order to gain competence in EMDR.
- Participants will know how to locate further information about training and research in the EMDR community.
CE Status: Approved for 2 hours CE credits
CPA is co-sponsoring with the Orange County Psychological Association. The California Psychological Association (CPA) is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists and recognized by the BBS to offer CE credit for its licensees. CPA maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
OCPA graduate students -free
Members must sign in first to receive membership discount